Craig's Bucket List
Turning 40 is not revolutionary. It's Evolutionary. It has me considering what I have ahead of me and what's within me to explore. I have traveled internationally. I have experienced Love at First Site. I have found successes and failures. I. Have. Lived.
I am not sure the significance of 40 besides the horrors projected about ole age. I mean I have had grey hair since I was like 26. My knees begin to show wear and tear at like 30 from being obese for so long. For me, 40 indicates taking less shit from people and taking on more of life's beauty and adventure. I also realize that I have been blessed abundantly for many of these past years beyond comprehension--and generosity of my time, talent, and treasure are also just as integral to my livelihood.
I chose to take this on to learn new aspects of my humanity. I also want to push myself to experience things I never would have if I stayed in my bubble. I want to accomplish 40 bucket list items. I have 52 weeks to make it happen. What if I did it in 40 weeks?
I welcome anyone who wants to participate with me on any part of this journey.
The countdown begins:
40/40 Bucket List Items for 2019 (Idea Credited 2):
1. Grab an impromptu flight at the airport. Visit 3 different flight counters, tell the travel agents what I am trying to do and make it happen. Birthday weekend? (Amalio)
2. Flirt openly with someone I like and meet in public. Remain confident and have fun. Don't take myself so seriously.
3. Send 40 care packages to 40 unsuspecting people
4. Commit to 40 days of dietary discipline while experiencing physical training. Whole 30? (Makeeba)
5. Save 400 dollars to purchase items for those 40 care packages.
6. Participate in 40 physically active experiences, inclusive of 5Ks, 10Ks, and if someone offers a half marathon...do it. Do not say no. (Sarah, Julie)
7. Send 40 handwritten letters.
8. 40 Yes's. If I am extended an offer, say.yes. Out of each offer, I must say Yes to 1 out of every 3 offers.
9. Visit with 4 people I have experienced in my life but never met. (Cyntoria, Kristah Leh)
10. Publish 40 items on my Blogs
11. Sexxxy Photo Shoot after fashion makeover.
12. Find 4 people to "SoulCycle" with me.
13. Find 40 People who will do a cause walk/run with me
14. Learn a New Dish/Take a Cooking Class (Raoul)
15. Smoke a Cuban Cigar in Havana (White Chocolate)
16. Visit a Place I've Never Been Before (Shakera, Mona, Kimberly, )
17. Learn How to Bartend
18. Write a Letter of Forgiveness (WmStubb)
19. Visit a Mosque (Chris Da Barber)
20. Commit to 40 hours of volunteerism outside of my school.
21. Take a gun class/Get a Gun License
22. Try out martial arts.
23. Play a game of hide and seek at night with friends
24. Create a beautiful piece of art to give away to someone
25. Fall in Love for a Moment
26. Forgive someone whom hurt me dear
27. Try Hot Yoga
28. Honor someone who is an unsung hero
29. Pay a lunch/dinner meal for an unsuspecting family
30. Dance with the most beautiful girl in the world (Bucket List Movie)